I know I haven’t posted any of my thrifting finds, but here are some tips I go by when scavenging through the racks at thrift shops. Enjoy! <3
- Find a good thrift store that restocks often, has pretty good quality clothes, is decently organized, and that you know will have plenty to look through. I might take a few shops to find your gold mine, but it’s worth it. I tend to gravitate towards Savers and Goodwill.
- Have an open mind, and always know you can wash anything you buy.
- Thrift stores often have great accessories and staple items. For example, belts, scarves, cardigans, t-shirts etc.
- Don’t always believe what the size says or where it is on the rack. The clothes are all from different places and maybe even from different decades so the sizing is going to be different for each piece. If you like it, but it’s not the size you usually wear, try it on. It might end up being perfect.
- Be prepared to look through racks and racks of clothes. It requires some patience. It takes time, but that’s what I love about it. I think hunting for clothes is fun, but if you just want to find something and buy it really quick, thrifting might not be for you.
- If you really want to thrift hardcore, look at all the different sections of the store. If you are petite, you might find some cute stuff in the childrens section, and if you want a big boyfriend style sweater or big shirts to wear over leggings, look in the men’s. It might seem weird but you would be suprised.
- Only buy what you know you would wear. Most things in a thrift store are cheaper than $10, so I know it’s tempting, but just because those neon green pants are $4 doesn’t mean you need then, so think about it. (Unless you like neon pants, then by all means!) :)
- Go with a friend if possible, but make sure they like thrift shopping as well. I love getting my friend’s opinions on my finds.
- Set a price limit for yourself. I know everything is cheap, but if you buy a lot of pieces, it can quickly add up. Once you have everything you like in your basket, and if you go over your limit, sort through it and only buy what you know you want to best.
God Bless and stay frugal,
The Thrifting Princess <3
I'm just your average college student on a tight budget. I've got a knack for hunting thrift store treasures. I've made this blog to share some of my finds and to give some thrifting tips. Enjoy my fellow thrift shopping beauties!